Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Green Harp

The Green Harp
Lafayette Street
Greenville, Michigan



This is a place that is trying to make a go of it in a spot that many before it have failed. So people tend to take the attitude, "they won't be there long, so why bother?" But they should bother.

We have eaten there twice now. It's supposedly connected to Ireland somehow, but they play Frank Sinatra music 99% of the time and then throw one of those inane Irish things. It's Irish Bluegrass. And a little bit of that goes a long way with me. 

The first time we went I had the Meat Loaf Sandwich. Penny had the Chicken and Waffles. We were both blown away. It was very good stuff. In fact my Meat Loaf Sandwich was so generous my daughter ate the second half after I took it home, and begged to go there sometime! My bride loved the chicken and waffles. To whoever thought up this combo, my hat is off to you. 

Today Penny enjoyed the Greek Chicken Wrap, and I had the Galway Fish Sandwich. Have to throw an Irish word in the name of this stuff don't you know.....

The wrap she ordered with traditional fries which are no where near traditional. I ordered the Galway Bay Fish Sandwich. She loved her Greek Chicken wrap and was able to consume it all. Which is a testimony to how good it was. She got the unusual usual fries. So did I with my fish sandwich, thinking 'fish and chips'.  These Fries here resemble potato swirls.  I know, I know, but get them and see if I'm wrong. 

My fish sandwich was topped with cod, tomato, mayo, and bay and red dill (whatever that is) relish - essentially a tartar sauce - and lettuce, on a toasted sourdough roll. It was fabulous. 

Both times we have left here and we were no where near disappointed. This is good eats, and you need to check this out. Good Food. But this location is poison. But let's all get together and make it happen!

THE GOOD: Great food. A little on the pricey side, but I don't mind when the food is this good. And a nice environment. 

THE BAD: It's a breakfast, lunch place. Translation: "And We're not serious, please help us go out of business soon." And slightly pricey.

THE UGLY: Even though parking is limited around here, it's not horrible. What's ugly is their hours. This incredible chef has to call it quits at 4 in the afternoon so adios, brother. You will not be with us long. You have an 4 to 9 pm menu and you shut the doors at 4 pm? Keep in touch brother.  Also,  my wife tasted the slightest hint of fish on her fries. That is a serious no-no for me. If you don't eat fish, like my wife, avoid the fries, 

This is a great place. Good Food. Consistently. But daytime only. So they will be gone shortly. 

But before they go, try something here. 

Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment