Saturday, October 5, 2019

Zorba's
111 W. Portage Ave.
Sault St. Marie Michigan 49783




My wife was able to visit this establishment this summer and she was so enamored with the place that when we all had a chance to be there again last weekend I considered it a rare opportunity. She had gotten the number 2 when she was there before and was blown away. It was a gyro, and a Greek salad, and a Souvlaki.

So like sheep we all ordered the number 2. There were 5 of us. But before that we ordered that, we ordered a kind of sampler platter and I realized that the item that intrigued me on the menu I should have gone with. I should have went outside the box and ordered the Dolmades. But anyhow, we got our food and it was fantastic.

After the sampler platter stuff, I couldn't eat all of my number 2 but I got into it the next day. It was terrific food, spiced just enough, intriguing because I don't get exposed to Greek food enough. As mentioned there was a dish called Dolmades.  It was a marvelous rice and beef thing wrapped in a grape leaf and a lemonish sauce was poured on. This was wonderful. I wish I would have ordered it.

In reality I will probably never be here again, but if I am I'm going to get into it. If I lived there I would go everyday and know every item on the menu very well.

If you ever go up to see a ship go through the Locks, stop in just a little jaunt down the street to visit here. You won't regret it.

Grade: B+

see menu and hours online.














1 comment:

  1. I am no longer allowed to get into my blogs so I apologize everyone.

    ReplyDelete