Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Twisted Rooster

The Twisted Rooster
1600 East Beltline
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49525


Okay, I had always thought this was a chain, and therefore never paid it much mind. But the other night we stopped in and found out that it is a chain....of 3. All in Michigan. So it's a local chain that deserves a mention.

As we entered....it was noisy. Really noisy. I guess some fancy New York advisor tells them that noisy is good...seems happening, friendly, on top of it. To me, it was too noisy. Lousy acoustics. But if the wife and I raised our voices, we could communicate. My wife had been there before, and she got what she knew to be great....the "Twisted Mac and Cheese." I wasn't really all that hungry so I just randomly picked some "Parmesan Cheese Bruschetti". Spelling error on Bruschetti  not withstanding.

Our server was prompt and wonderful. She was on top of her game. She was full of history and exclamations about the place. And our drinks came fast and for as crowded as the place was - and this was a Thursday night - our entrees were very prompt.

The menu was loaded with Michigan menu items, and obviously they supported many Michigan growers to churn out the menu specialties. Just a shout out to the restaurant, in case anybody actually likes Michigan. I don't. So there's that.

But when the food arrived....oh buddy! What great food. I cannot either spell or describe my Bruschetti. It was some of the best stuff I've ever eaten. Exquisite. The various textures of pasta, croutons, tomato, and cheeses just lit my pallet up.

My sample of my wife's "Twisted Mac and Cheese" was extraordinary. What a great meal from a simple idea! We were both just giddy over how good the food and service were.

I told my son that we'd gone there and he chimed in with his favorite entree...and fancy nachos dishes that feature Jalapenos. He absolutely loves 'em.

All I can say is bring your ear-buds, and be ready to treat your taste-buds. This was one great dining experience.....except for the noise...

Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment