Monday, September 2, 2019

Diamond Jim's




My son and his beautiful bride wanted us to try a new spot they found in their town of Midland, Michigan. Diamond Jim's. My son had been there many times and knew what to order, so I tried what he suggested.

We opened the meal with the appetizer of a cup of chili. This was a unique and tasty chili; it contained spaghetti pasta among other things. And it was satisfying indeed. Sometime visiting again, I may just want to get a bowl of the chili.

But upon our son and daughter-in-law's suggestion we got the Ollie Burger, Diamond Jim's premium product. And I can see why. This was a full beef patty with all the fixings. Lots of cheese, lettuce, 2 slices of tomato, onion, and other things, and a special house sauce. The house sauce has a bit of a bite to it that is quite satisfying.

This was a wonderful experience. The place was way understaffed but the waiter was working his butt off, and made it work perfectly. It has a full bar and several craft beers are associated and sold  from all over the state. This was a nice atmosphere and it was a terrific experience.

I will go back again, and guess what? I'll get that Ollie Burger. Now and always.

Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment