Monday, July 8, 2019

Chapz Steak House

Chapz Steak House
Lakeview, Michigan.


We heard about an exciting new restaurant that is getting a lot of buzz in the area. It was recommended to me based on their ribs. So that's what I ordered. My wife figured since they were a steakhouse she'd go with the premium product. She ordered a 12 oz. Ribeye. There are pictures on the menu of how you are ordering your steak. Those pictures of at least one inch thick steaks showed that the medium well was the one she wanted. She also ordered the salad and baked potato.

I ordered the ribs, cole slaw, and mashed potatoes. The cole slaw was awesome. They served a very generous order of mashed potatoes served in a bowl on the side. The gravy was very good. And the ribs, were generous and excellent. They came with a great Carolina sweet sauce.

So my meal was excellent.

My wife's was a different story. First of all Chapz has way over thought the salad and have some sort of fancy lettuce that they've decided to leave in big leaf, was hard for her to cut, and she said tasted like grass. Now I'm not suggesting they go to the white Gordon Food stuff, but a nice fluffy green leaf would be great. Her baked potato was a baked potato. Hard to mess that up. And now to their premium product. They are a steak house after all. That medium well thing? That's just a picture on a menu the cooks have never looked at apparently. First of all there is no way on God's green Earth that her steak was 12 oz. I don't believe it was 8. Maybe 9, but that's optimistic. That thick steak on the menu? When it came it was maybe 3/8 or a 1/2 thick. And it was burnt beyond belief. Like Hiroshima the bowels of Hell burnt. No where near Medium it was way past Well Done. The  waiter who was fabulous offered to send it back but Penny didn't want to wait for another so she kept it. It was like trying to eat shoe leather. It cost around $20. This was one of the worst meals she's ever tried to endure.

So my meal was terrific, and her's was the worst ever. So what is a reviewer to do? I guess go again. That is if I can ever talk my wife into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment