Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Egg and I

The Egg and I
Pensacola, Florida.




While we were in Pensacola on our last venture, we stopped to a place near our hotel for breakfast one day. We ended up eating there three times. It was wonderful.

A nice clean atmosphere with a terrific menu that offered lots of interesting options. My wife is more of an experimenter, so she usually jumps around a menu. I tend to find something that is very good and order it every time. 

Penny tried lots of stuff. Pecan Pancakes being one of her favorites. But everything here was interesting and good. 

It is a breakfast/lunch place as the sign says. But it has a loyal following. Once we got there early and there were people lined up. They didn't open till like 8 or 9 which I thought was weird for a breakfast place. And after they opened the place filled up quickly. No dinner menu. 

They focus on the egg. And whatever they do that involves an egg, they do it very well. We went there three times and look forward to maybe stopping here again when we are there in July. 

So yes I recommend this spot if you ever need breakfast or lunch while in Pensacola, Florida. 

Not to mention that I love that they are inspired for their name by a great Hollywood film. 

We love it and will be there again. 

Grade: A-




No comments:

Post a Comment