Friday, June 3, 2016

The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
in front of Celebration Cinema
on the East Beltline,
Grand Rapids, Michigan



My wife has always raved about this place. She's gone a couple times before. We have talked about going, but hey, she has always said it's pricey and it's fondue. So how good could it be I asked myself.

Well how about fricking great?

So here's the thing. We ordered the French Quarter entree, which meant it was New Orleans cajun. It definitely bit back, but we both kind of like that. Me more than her. We both like stuff that says, "Hey let's talk about what 'Spicy Hot' means.

So the opening course was a cheese fondue they conjured up according to my wife's direction. And then we were given a course of apple pieces, veggies, and pretzel bread.

The main course was of course our entree. It included pieces of beef, pieces of pork, and shrimp. The entree appeared pitiful. But I was nearly stuffed when this was over.

And finally they brought the dessert course. I don't eat sweets. So this was not a big deal to me.
But they mixed up a combination of chocolate and peanut butter, and Bailey's and other cool stuff in the fondue pot and then set a plate of banana chunks, marshmallows, brownie, cookie, strawberries, and rice crispy treats.

I walked away a better person for have eaten here. I was full. I was undoubtedly $80 to $100 bucks lighter. But sometimes it be like that. Try it once.

And then like us, we'll take people to The Twisted Rooster and then hit The Melting Pot for dessert.

Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment