Tuesday, April 11, 2023

 Arthur Bryant's Barbeque

Kansas City Missouri. 


We went to Kansas for spring break so that I could get it off my 'want to get to all 50' list. But it Kansas City Missouri we ate at seem interesting places.

One such place was the world famous Arthur Bryant's Barbeque. We entered this place and the smell was intoxicating. I ordered baby back ribs with the beans and potato salad on the side. 

We had to enter and get into a delicatessen style line. A lady in line had to fill us in and tell us to go around her because there are two ordering stations. Penny got the pulled chicken and she liked it. I liked my order too. But the thing is I didn't love it. I mean, it was good, especially the sides, but I've had barbercue all over the south and everywhere, and I have to say I've have better that Arthur Bryant's.

But here's the thing. This joint had a bit of a rep. Patrons have included President Jimmy Carter and First Lady Rosalind, Senator John McCain, Stephen Spielberg, Sally Field, President Barrack Obama, James Spader and many others. 

As I've said I really enjoyed the sides although the portions were way more than I could possibly eat, and the ribs were actually forgettable. And I used the premium sauce. 

So I will give this place my grade. It was a fun experience but I give this a C for the food and the way one gets it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment