Tuesday, April 11, 2023

 Dixon's Chili

Kansas City Missouri.


Yes, since 1919 this place has been cranking out a unique style of chili for over a hundred years. This was a favorite haunt of President Harry Truman and after he was actually President when he came into town the Secret Service would be sent here to get him his much desired chili. 

This is like no other chili I've ever had. It is beans covered in meat and then offered with two different sauces choice. I used both. And I loved it. 


This is a picture of President Truman visiting this very place. Now to be absolutely candid, my bride Penny did not like this as much as me. But I got the spaghetti chili [I have a theory that if it has a noodle, it can't be wrong] and she did not. So that may be part of it. 

If I lived here I would be at least a weekly regular and maybe more. My wife probably every two weeks. But I thought this was fun and great. I recommend it. 

My grade: B+




No comments:

Post a Comment